Pages

Saturday 5 April 2014

March Favourites



This months favourites are a mixture. I've really stepped out of my comfort zone this month and I wanted to share what i've been loving. First up is Victoria's Secret Love Spell. This is a light fruity, floral scent that freshens you up without smelling too sweet and sickly. It has notes of cherry blossom and peach so a very summery scent.

Hand cream is an essential for me, but recently i've been getting cracked and very dry hands. When I came across The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector I was unsure because of the smell, which to me smells like mold however some days the smell doesn't bother me. Anyways this works wonders for my hands as it's constancy is thick and very hydrating.


Rimmel's Moisture Renew Oxford Street Fuchsia is the perfect bright pink. It has cool tones in so it doesn't make your teeth look yellow, which is a bonus. The formula of this lipstick is very moisturising and doesn't dry out on the lips. What I really like is that it doesn't flake, it fades after a while but still looks stunning on the lips. 

Moving on to eyes, I chose Rimmel's Scandeleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Bronze. Can we just take a second… this is the first eyeliner that actually stays put and doesn't smudge. The colour is the best bit as it is very smokey and has just the right amount of glitter in. I have loved using this on my lower lash line then smoking it out to give a grungy effect. 

Finding a mascara for my eyelashes is hard, but Maybelline's the Colossal Volume Express Smokey eyes mascara just fits the bill. The brush is off-putting but after a bit of getting used to the formula is perfect. It doesn't clump and to my surprise looks really natural. 


I was always a little skeptical about blush for some reason but after trying out Topshop's cream blushers I just fell in love. Topshop's Cream Blush in Morning Dew is a bright natural pop of colour that makes you look healthy and glowing. I apply this with the real techniques expert face brush and stipple it on the tops of my cheeks to give a flush of colour.

Lastly, is Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in 063 Eastend Snob. When applied is matt but gives a velvet look to the lips. The colour is a dusky pink that looks very subtle if used to line the lips. I have been applying it all over the lips to create a velvet pink look that stands out. 


What are your march favourites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment